Wednesday, April 27, 2011

man made landscapes

http://matadornetwork.com/trips/photo-essay-the-most-alien-human-made-landscapes-on-earth

I have decided for the last crit to go back to one of my original ideas, and explore the idea of man made landscapes. Doing a bit of searching on the internet, I came across this photo essay of stunning yet terrifying images. I dont think I will take my project to such extreme man made landscapes, just continue to explore the more subtle and peaceful additions man has made to this land.
These images I found, show the extreme transitions that man has made to the natural landscape through experimentation, and want to control the earth. 
A whole other part of man made landscapes is that of cities, but is not something I want to touch on this time, as that is a huge topic on its own. The city scape is such a broad topic, and I want to try and focus on the natural landscape, and mans minor and sometimes unnoticable alterations.

No comments:

Post a Comment