Monday, September 26, 2011

Mini Studio

My roommate is very lovely, and has let me turn our spare room/den into a part-time photography studio. But it also doubles as an art room, storage room and laundry room. I plan to capture a photo of it soon when it is a studio and not a chaotic mess. Its always been a dream of mine to have a space to make into a studio and its finally come true. Put some black tar paper on one wall to create a black background for my 4th year project. At the moment the idea is openended.. but basically about taking portraits of people that are not typical, as in shooting their backs. So I have set up a controlled studio and am experimenting with lighting and a Hasselblad medium format camera. Lots of fun with many trials, failures and a few successes so far.
This final year of studying photography at university is going to be an interesting one for sure. I have already learned so much, and am going to learn much much more. And I havnt even been in classes for a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment