Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Silverside Farm and Winery

I worked at a farm in Cobble Hill over the summer called Silverside Farm and Winery. Below are a few shots I took around the place during August. It was such a fun place to work, and I got great experience working with customers as well as doing wine tastings. This was a new experience to me, but I had a lot of fun with it once I got over being nervous. If you are ever in the Cowichan Valley I recommend going into Silverside Farm and doing a wine tasting (as long as you are over 19). They sell berry wines and port-style wines with unique flavours, including blackberry, blueberry, tayberry and raspberry. But of course they also sell jams and syrups that are all made on the farm. The store specializes in showcasing local artists from the Cowichan Valley, a few of whom include Coco Jones, Roger Carr and Margaret Hogg. And if its a warm day don't forget to try out a custom made berry frozen yogurt or scoop of delicious island farms ice cream. And the staff is always friendly!!









No comments:

Post a Comment